1st Ed 1983 Stories for a Prince Hardcover with Jacket
Full colour gloss paper covered boards, title red, horiz. spine title black on light blue. All end papers red, with white line diamond pattern overall, alternate rows of diamond shape have white crowns.
Taken from inside front jacket
"These fourteen stories are the winning entries from a national schools competition in which children throughout the country were invited to write a sponsored bedtime story for HRH Prince of Wales."
All royalties from sales of this book were donated to RNIB and were used for braille production. Contents
- The Black Seal by Anna McKibbin, aged 12
- How Giraffe got his Long Neck by Hugo Speer, aged 15
- The Jumping Competition by Christopher Cooper, aged 11
- Desmond the Dragon-droid by Pauline Munro, aged 14
- Nessie, the Lonely Loch Ness Monster by Nicola Howat, aged 11
- The Man with the Golden Hair by Victoria Southwell, aged 12
- Walter Worm by Andrew Nicholson, aged 13 D
- ragon Valley by Robert Edwards, aged 12
- Idris the Rugby Fan by Haydn Croft, aged 15
- Little Hedgehog's Prickly Problem by Claire Woodrow aged 10
- Jojo the Elephant by Gail Thompson, aged 13
- The Oak Tree's Secret by Thomas Kirkham aged 10
- Black Paint on Briney by Sarah Anne Joy, aged 9
- A Postbox in Danger by Alex McKenna aged 11.
ISGN 0 241 11052 1
Designed by Peter Sims
Organised and Printed in Italy by Arnoldo Mondadori Editore
Condition - Jacket has a couple of folds around the top otherwise in very good condition. Book is in excellent vintage condition